Just a bit of logistical reminders for myself in case I ever do this again.
For six guests, two or three of whom didn’t eat very much:
– A big challah loaf will leave about half as leftovers.
– One chicken would have been too few, two chickens give a lot of leftovers.
– Two cans of baby corn are definitely too much. Go with one next time.
– One head of broccoli is just about right.
– One package of baby potato knishes is just about right.
– Put out an extra little table for the challah and extra serving dishes.
– Put the chicken (covered) in a 350 degree oven approx. a 30-45 minutes before people show up.
– Add the knishes to the oven when people show up.
– When people show up, put on the baby carrots and soup. (Start on medium-high and turn down as necessary.)
– Microwave the broccoli as you’re serving soup for approx. three minutes on high.